Friday, February 25, 2011

SNOW???

Yesterday morning we woke up to the most beautiful sight. SNOW! Everywhere! In the past, it has not been uncommon that as it would start to snow, the kids would race to get their snow clothes on, step one foot out the door and the snow had stopped. Quite hilarious to watch. Yesterday the snow stuck, and it was awesome! (School was cancelled) The kids literally woke up, put on their snow clothes and headed outside. Bob and I watched them from the window. They could not get enough of it. Snowball fights, snow forts, snowmen, snow angels.
I whipped up some hot cocoa, so they could have something nice and warm to drink when they came in. Well time pasted, no kids. Their hot cocoa had turned cold. I then took my camera out hoping to get some pics. Ashy, was in the backyard making snow angels and writing me messages in the snow. The boys had started a neighborhood snowball fight and I did not dare to walk into the battlefield. (I wished somehow I would of been able to get some pics of that cuz, man were they nailing each other pretty hard.)
I'm so glad we got to enjoy the snow, even if it was for one day. As of today, snow is all melted, kids went back to school, and well......we all go back to livin' in the Northwest weather.






1 comment:

The Hymas Clan said...

Seriously, it was so fun to wake up to snow! Our kids had a blast too, and didnt want to come in! Such a fun day, too bad it melted so soon!