Monday, January 24, 2011

"That There's Funny, I Don't Care Who You Are!"

Saturday morning was rough for the boys. They had stayed up late the night before, so I kinda think being on the tired side contributed to the whole situation.
After we all had breakfast together Ashy kept asking me to come up to her room to play with her kitchen set. We do that quite often, and this time she had set up a restaurant. She would seat me at her table, take my order and then serve me. Lovely, although she wanted me to do this all morning long and I really need to get a few things done. I signed my bill she wrote out for me and left her restaurant. She didn't like that I had to leave and followed me around asking me to come back and play. In the meantime, I had asked the boys to pick up their rooms and fold the rest of their laundry. Those boys could not get along for nothin! They were at each other all morning long. I tried talking to them. They didn't really seem to listen very well, and the arguing continued. I finally had had enough! I called down to Bob, and told him what was up. Bob lectured them and then gave them a few extra chores. I popped my head into the hallway and said, "Ya, and when your done with your chores you get to go to Ashlyn's restaurant, sit down for a four course meal and YOU WILL LIKE IT!" (You should have seen Ashlyn's face light up. She quickly ran in her room to prepare for her new guests!)
As you can tell from the pictures, things didn't turn out exactly as we had planned, but before you knew it, our whole family was up in Ashy's room just laughing hysterically! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. A was just so serious, and efficient and the boys were uncomfortable and dying for this to be over. (I loved every minute of it) The boys seriously didn't argue the rest of the day, cuz they knew, if they did, they would be up at Ashys restaurant for every meal!










CHEERS!

9 comments:

Whitney said...

THAT IS FUNNY! Were they beating their heads on the table? I'm sure they loved the documentation of it as well. Stella would play all day with Ashlyn and her restaurant!

Kara said...

That is awesome!! Thanks for the good laugh!

Jill said...

Too funny! I might have to try that approach with my kids! LOVE the last two pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Swanson Family said...

I think that last picture of B really sums up how the boys felt... What a great idea, too! Glad you found something that stopped the arguing.

Heather said...

We told the boys about this tonight and informed them that Ashy will soon have new customers if they can't figure out a way to get along.

Butters said...

Heather, that is so funny! Ashy would be so thrilled to welcome any new customers, so send them our way!

The Hymas Clan said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard reading this and the pictures are PRICELESS!!! Too funny! And such a good idea! I may have to use that in the future, sissy would LOVE it!

Haskell Family said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Thanks for the picutres, I felt like I was there with you all laughing by butt off. I'm going to do that with Karson next time he yells at me its princess tea party with Brookie! You are the best!

Nathan said...

Hilarious!!! Those poor boys. They almost looked like me on a shopping trip with Meredith!

Looked like fatigue was setting in pretty quick!!

Great idea!