Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ashlyn's Baptism (Sept. 1, 2012)

The process leading up to Ashlyn's baptism was so amazing! I never want to forget this time. Ashlyn wanted to learn everything there was to know about baptism. We had many FHE on the topic of baptism. She memorized the 4th article of faith. We read scriptures and told her stories of our own baptism. One night while I was tucking her into bed A asked me how come every time she thought about being baptized she felt like crying.(a happy cry)I told her it was Heavenly Father letting her know that she was making the right choice. I love that A is so sensitive and is often touched by the spirit. Picking out her dress was so much fun. We shopped around but ended up finding her perfect dress online. We took her out on a little photo shoot. She looked like an angel.
This is what Ashlyn wrote her journal about her baptism day: " My baptism day was a very special day. I could barely sleep the night before, because I was so excited. The morning of my baptism I came downstairs and my family gave me some special gifts to remind me of my baptism day. I quickly put my new white dress on and my mom fixed my hair just right. We headed over to the stake center where I changed into my white baptismal clothes. My Dad was also dressed in white. We had a short meeting and a prayer. I remember seeing how many people were there for me and it made me feel special. As I walked into the baptismal font I remember the water being warm and I was a little nervous, until I saw my Dad. I was baptized a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I walked through the doors to get dried off and my Mom was there and wrapped me in a warm towel and gave me a big hug. After putting on my white dress I sat in a chair while several priesthood holders laid their hands on my head and I was given the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I felt like I wanted to cry, but a happy cry. I felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me. He was proud of me and the choice I had made to be baptized. I will always remember my baptism day."
After A's baptism we had family and friends over for lunch. It was just a sweet day filled with amamzing memories. One of my favorite was captured in this next picture of A and her Grandmother. A adores her Grandmother. She tells me all the time that it is so cool that she has a Grandmother that is fashionable! We will treasure this picture forever.

1 comment:

Mickie and Matt said...

Awe thanks for posting this Rachelle. It was fantastic. Ashlyn is the sweetest girl. She looks so perfect in her baptism dress. We miss you guys!