Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

(September 1st 2010)
Last Wednesday the kids started school. B is now in Middle school and it freaks me out. Six periods,lockers, big kids, ahhhhhh! He was so anxious to go to school, but did mention he had butterflies and was alittle nervous. It didn't even phase Z that it was his first day. It was just like any other day to him. When I walked him to class you could see that he was comfortable and happy with his new class. A on the other hand would not let go of me. I walked her to her class and the closer we got the tighter her grip. She doesn't like change much. She got teary eyed and kept asking me to stay, I talked to her and tried to comfort her the best I could. I hugged and kissed her and told her goodbye and tears were just streaming down her face. How could I leave? Her teacher saw her crying and did not do a thing. I knew I was probably making things worse by hanging around, but it broke my heart to leave her that way. I walked out and luckily I saw a teachers aid in the hallway walking to A's class. I stopped her and asked if she could check on A and make sure she was okay. I came home in tears. Not only were all my kids in school but A didnt want to be there. I called my mom. She gave comforting advice. I called my neighbor, she gave comforting advice.... and then I went shopping (it took the edge off the heartache)I ran into some friends at the mall,and we had a wonderful lunch together. We finished up just in time that I could be home for my kiddies. B loved his first day. Z loved his first day and A.................Loved her first day. What a relief!


5 comments:

Nathan said...

Cute kids Rachie! Tell them we hope they enjoy school. Also, Ava misses you and want you to hold her soon.

Jill said...

That makes me sad! Sam is doing the same thing to me. Stinkers...they sure know how to pull our heart strings! I am glad the day turned out so well!

Heather said...

I just found a pic of little B the day JR was born. Where has the time gone?

The Hymas Clan said...

Oh my goodness! So crazy! I remember talking to you while you were shopping! I am so glad Ash likes school now!

Whitney said...

Maybe Stella could give her some pointers in the "I could care less about my mother" department.